For EarthChoice products, doing things the right way is a core focus, an embedded corporate value that touches every phase of our operations. Environmental responsibility goes beyond marketing claims of using post-consumer waste or declaring one material more environmentally friendly than another. From purchasing raw materials to delivering finished products, we consider the environmental impact of our products and processes.
- ASTM D6400 ASTM D6400 - (Bio-Plastic) 90% compostable within 180 days in "Municipal and Industrial Composting Facilities"
- ASTM D6868 - (Paper) 90% compostable within 180 days in "Municipal and Industrial Composting Facilities"
Cedar Grove: PLA products composted within 80 days of being processed through their system
Bio Preferred: The program certifies products based on biobased content, co products need to contain a certain amount of biobased content in order to participate. www.woodplc.com
- All EarthChoice Products follow FTC "Green Guidelines"
Industry Coalition Partnerships
The Association of Plastic Recyclers
Plastic Foodservice Packaging Group (PFPG)
- Industry group representing foodservice disposable products
- Active in seeking solutions to increase recycling and recovery rates for paper and plastic foodservice disposable products
- Founding member PRA/PRG